Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Birthday Getaway Weekend

To celebrate my 27th birthday, Jim and I spent the weekend in Dana Point courtesy of my parents. Our condo was right on Pacific Coast Highway, directly across from the ocean, with an ocean view. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday weekend. The weather was awesome (gotta love Southern California in January) and the time relaxing.


Saturday morning we woke up and went for a bike ride along the beach to Dana Point Harbor where we walked around the shops and had breakfast. Later in the day, as part of my birthday present from Jim, we were pampered with a couples massage. The massage was wonderful and relaxing...I should get massages more often. We had planned on going out for dinner but after the massage we decided to grab dinner on the way back to the condo, watch a movie and play cards. I enjoyed just being able to spend quality time with Jim...even though he beat me a skip-bo.


I have always wanted to go to the San Juan Capistrano Mission and since it wasn't too far from the condo, we decided to go visit Sunday morning before heading home. There is so much history at the mission. We enjoyed walking around the grounds and learning about what life was like at the Mission back in the 1800s and early 1900s.


This was the best birthday weekend I could have asked for, sunny weather, ocean views and quality time with Jim!

I'll leave you with the card that Jim gave me, which fits me perfectly (there is a picture of a girl, guy with flowers and shoe). "She was caught in a love triangle. She was torn between her love for him and her love of shoes. But she had to choose...And frankly, he just didn't match her purse." Jim knows that in reality I would always choose him :)

No comments: