Sunday, January 2, 2011

Keeping with Traditions in 2010...and Making New Traditions in 2011

In keeping with traditions, Jim and I rang in the new year with one of my best friends, Andrea, and her husband Reggie. What is great about spending New Years with them is that we don't have to do anything fancy or crazy...we are all content with going out to dinner, watching a movie, and just being in each others company and making memories. Between the four of us, there is never a dull moment and lots of laughs to be had by all. This year Andrea and I even managed to stay awake until midnight...possibly one of the first times that the guys didn't have to wake us up just in time to watch the ball fall. I couldn't think of a better way to end 2010 and begin 2011.



As I started to think about 2011, there are so many things I am already looking forward to, welcoming a new nephew in a couple of weeks, one of my best friends having her first little girl (and getting to visit them in the spring), spring training to watch the Cubs (and spend time with family), a good friend of mine getting married (and helping plan the wedding), 10 year high school reunions for both Jim and I, just to name a few. I am sure there are even more things I don't yet know about that I will look forward to throughout the year and will turn into lasting memories.

I will leave you with my list of "new years resolutions" or what I would like to accomplish in 2011. By letting my friends and family know my goals, I will be held more accountable and will have a better chance at following through. Feel free to ask me how I am doing and to keep me in check.

-Grow in my relationship with God and do daily devotionals. This morning after church I picked up "The One Year Book of Inspiration for Girlfriends...juggling Not-So-Perfect, Often-Crazy, but Gloriously Real Lives", daily devotional, so I think I am off to a good start on this.
-Run a 5K...outside. I have done the 5K loop on the treadmill at the gym but I know running outside can be a different story. Jim wants to run a 5K so we can do this together :)
-Relax More. I think it speaks for itself.
-Keep up with the blog more consistently. Every year I have the best intentions of keeping the blog updated and then over the year my posts get further and further apart. My goal is to update the blog at least once a month but I will try to add something twice a month. In our Christmas letter I mentioned the blog, hoping that it would make me more inclined to keep it updated for those who might actually check it out.
-Be more positive...regardless of the situation or circumstances.
-Not to worry about pleasing others. "Somebody will not like something I say or do today but that's okay- God and I are well pleased with me." -Ellen Miller

I am excited to see what God has in store for Jim and I this coming year!

1 comment:

Kelly Benware said...

I'm also glad to see what the Lord has in store for you this year too and can't wait to see you this Spring!