Saturday, October 4, 2008

Flowers, Flowers, Flowers!

I have always loved flowers. If I could afford it, I would buy a new arrangement every week to have in the house. Fresh flowers brighten my day and are a constant reminder of the beauty God created for us to enjoy. Seeing all the beautiful arrangements in the store and at weddings I have thought to myself, "It can't be that difficult to arrange my own flowers", but for some reason when I buy flowers and attempt to arrange them myself they never quite end up looking like they did in my head.

For the past couple of years I have received catalogs in the mail for a local community college that offers a variety of classes, including floral design. Taking a floral design class has always peaked my interest but I never signed up for one until a month ago when I decided I just needed to call and register so that I didn't have any regrets. Today was the last class of the first session and I decided to sign up for the next class as well. Below are some of my designs. Enjoy!