Monday, May 31, 2010

Grandma Marge's 90th Birthday Bash



On May 8th, my Grandma Marge celebrated a great milestone in her life...her 90th birthday. Family from near and far came to celebrate. Even my mom's cousins from Seattle made a special trip down for the party. With my grandma's health recently starting to decline, we were excited to have everyone together for her special day. This was the first time in a long time that almost all of the cousins (grand children were together). My grandma loved having her family together and enjoyed watching her great grandchildren play. Her children, grand children and great-grandchildren always brought a smile to her face.


The morning of her birthday I had gone to say hi and wish her a happy birthday. When I mentioned that it was her 90th birthday she smiled and rolled her eyes...almost as if she couldn't believe she had made it this long. This would also be the last day I would get to see her as she went to be with the Lord the following Friday. Grandma held on long enough to have one last party with the family and to make some lasting memories.



No comments: