Monday, May 31, 2010

I Love Spending Time with My Niece & Nephew

In March I spent a long weekend up in Bakersfield with my sister, brother-in-law and the kids. When Elijah was a couple of months old I had gone up North to help my sister and spend time with them. I wasn't able to get up as soon as I wanted with Elsie but a little bit later is better than not spending time with her at all. Jen had to work one of the days I was up there so I took the challenge of getting both kids ready and going to meet her for lunch. Jen enjoyed being able to "show off" the kids to her co-workers and just getting to see the kids. After lunch, the kids and I went to see Grandma Marge. I think it was the highlight of her day! She just loved watching the kids and smiling at them.

As my Grandma's health started to decline over the past few months, I spent more time up in Bakersfield which meant I got to spend more time with the kids. Being able to see them every month for the past three months was a treat. They are growing up so fast! Elijah gives the best hugs and Elsie has the sweetest personality. Their smiles just brighten my day!

No comments: