Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight at Midnight


I must admit that when I first saw a preview for Twilight I looked at Jim and said, "I have no interest in seeing this movie". Fast forward a few months, and I am putting off much needed sleep to attend the midnight screening. Even up until just moments before the movie started, I was wondering what I was thinking letting Jim talk to me in to coming. I figured meeting up with Andrea and Reggie would be worth it. Reggie had won the tickets the day before and Andrea figured that even though we would all be out late, we only had to get through work Friday and then it would be the weekend.

Jim makes fun of me because I tend to fall asleep through almost every movie we rent. He thought for sure I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes open. The funny thing is it was the opposite. He fell asleep and I was wide awake for the whole movie. I didn't know much about the movie and hadn't read the book. The storyline eventually drew me in and by the end of the movie I was hooked, wanting to know what will happen next. I guess to find out what will happen, I'll need to read the books. I think I'll begin Monday and become one of the many Twilight followers.

No comments: